- The Board of Directors will use its
best efforts at all times to make decisions that are consistent with
high principles, and to protect and enhance the safety and property
value of the residents.
- No gifts of any type will be
accepted by any volunteer from any resident, contractor, or
- No contributions will be made to any
political parties or political candidates by the Association without
a majority vote of the community confirming such action.
- The Board Members will protect
confidentiality of other Board Members' personal lives, as well as
all residents' personal lives.
- No pending board or committee
matters will be shared (verbally or written) with anyone outside of
the board or committee until such matter is discussed at a meeting
in the "sunshine" when association members have an
opportunity to witness the discussion and decision outcomes.
- No promise of anything can be made
to any subcontractor, supplier, or contractor during negotiations,
unless approved by the Board as a whole.
- No drugs, alcohol, or substance
abuse will be tolerated.
- Any Board Member convicted of a
felony will voluntarily resign from his/her position.
- Language at Board Meetings will be
kept professional. Personal attacks against Co-owners and Board
Members are prohibited and are not consistent with the best interest
of the community.
- It is understood that differences of
opinion will exist. They should be expressed in a clear and
- Proper parliamentary procedure
should be followed to have such dissenting positions stated clearly
within the official records of the Association.
- A Board Member may not knowingly
misrepresent any facts to anyone involved in anything with the
community that would benefit himself/herself in any way.
- No Board Member may use his/her
position to enhance his/her financial status through the use of
certain contractors or suppliers. Any potential or actual conflict
of interest must be disclosed to the other Board of Directors.